Resources for Students During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Please use the contact information listed below to communicate with the respective student service areas.
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.nashcc.edu/admissions
- Financial Aid: email@example.com
- Student & Enrollment Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advising: email@example.com | www.nashcc.edu/advising
- Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library: email@example.com | www.nashcc.edu/library
- Tech support for online classes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental health counseling: email@example.com | www.nashcc.edu/wellness
- General Tutoring: www.nashcc.edu/tutoring
- English writing tutoring requests online writing, tutoring requests email: onlinewritingtutor@
- Math Tutoring: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science Tutoring: www.tinyurl.com/stillsch
- Employee Directory: https://www.nashcc.edu/contact/employee-directory (Use of email is recommended as employees may be unable to access their work phone at this time.)
- Single Stop: Email email@example.com for specific resources and services.
- Veteran Services email firstname.lastname@example.org
NCC COVID-19 Response
Teletherapy & Mental Health Services
Beginning Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the Student Wellness Center’s clinical services will be offered via telephone or by alternative method during normal operating hours.
All sessions will remain confidential and fully HIPAA Compliant. A consent form will be emailed after an appointment has been scheduled.
Once scheduled, you will receive a phone call from a blocked number at the designated time. If you cannot receive blocked calls, Skype or Google must be used.
Students interested in scheduling an appointment should email preferred times to email@example.com.
Library Computer Lab
The Library is closed to the public. The library computer lab is open the following hours for students who do not have off-campus access to internet and technology for coursework.
- Tuesdays 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Wednesdays 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Thursdays 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Contact the Library:
- Phone: 252-451-8248 or 984-464-0971
- Online chat and library resources available 24/7 at www.nashcc.edu/library.
Technical Support for Online Courses
Technical support for online courses is available at firstname.lastname@example.org and library services will be provided digitally.
Online Tutoring Services
All tutoring will be delivered online and/or through virtual formats, which will be communicated by faculty to students.
Internet Access for Students
Spectrum (Charter Communications) – Services available for free for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have internet through the company. It will open its WiFi hotspots for public use. For public hotspot, turn on WiFi and select “Spectrum”.
Suddenlink/Altice USA – FREE Install and FREE Service for 60 Days. No credit card or checking account needed. Call 888-633-0030 form more information or to enroll.
T Mobile – Expanding connectivity and offering unlimited data to customers. See website for more details.
U.S. Cellular – Pledge to keeping Americans connected. Providing mobile hotspots and waiving fees for customers.
Free Webinars for Small Businesses
- County health department websites/contact list
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools Meal Delivery Info
- Harrison Family YMCA, Rocky Mount – Food Distribution, Childcare for Essential Personnel, Activities for Children
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Information
- NC unemployment application
- United Way Tar River Region
- General NC COVID-19 info
- Shelter-specific COVID-19 info
- Warriors At Ease Wellness Apps