Park View Hospital Nurses Gather for Centennial Celebration
Alumnae and friends of Park View Hospital and School of Nursing recently celebrated the 100th Commemorative Anniversary at Nash Community College’s Brown Auditorium. Park View Hospital opened its doors on July 1, 1914 with a 25-bed capacity and served the Rocky Mount community for 57 years, closing in 1971. The Park View School of Nursing began the year the hospital opened and educated nurses until 1969, graduating 55 nursing classes. Some graduates of the Park View Hospital School of Nursing are still practicing today, while many other graduates have retired in the Nash/Rocky Mount area and other parts of the United States. This year also marks the 25th Anniversary of the Park View Nurses’ Alumnae Scholarship Endowment that provides financial assistance to a second-year associate degree nursing student exhibiting academic excellence and pursuing a nursing career in the local community. Approximately 30 students have benefited from the scholarship. Pictured are the alumnae participants of the Park View Hospital School of Nursing’s 100th Reunion.