NCC Recruit Firefighter Training Academy Grads Honored
Students in Nash Community College’s Recruit Firefighter Training Academy #072919 were recognized for program completion in a ceremony held on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Nash Community College’s fire training program is designed to provide individuals and firefighters the information and skills needed for modern firefighting through a variety of learning experiences and training scenarios. Kenneth Mullen, Rocky Mount Fire Department retired chief, addressed the graduates.
Congratulations to the following graduates:
- Chandler J. Bryant, Bailey, NC, Bailey Volunteer Fire Department, Nashville Fire Department, and Rocky Mount Fire Department
- Ryan B. Horner, Lucama, NC, Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department
- Gavin O. Moore, Wake Forest, NC, Wake Forest Fire Department, and Rocky Mount Fire Department
- Jackson G. Neal, White Level, NC, White Level Volunteer Fire Department, White Level Rescue & EMS, Nash County EMS, and Rocky Mount Fire Department
- Taylor B. Rook, Seaboard, NC, Seaboard Volunteer Fire Department, and Rocky Mount Fire Department
- Zachary A. Sampson, Warren County, NC, Warrenton Rural Volunteer Fire Department, Inez Volunteer Fire Department, and Rocky Mount Fire Department
- Braden K. Wood, Bailey, NC, Bailey Volunteer Fire Department
During the ceremony, Chandler J. Bryant was honored with the Academic Excellence Award for earning the highest grade point average of 90.6.
Chandler J. Bryant was recognized with the Flame Award, an honor given to the recruit firefighter who is voted overall “most outstanding” through the majority vote from the students in the class. Consideration is given for the highest level of teamwork, fellowship, enthusiasm, and cooperation demonstrated by the members of the class.
The class presented the Instructional Excellence Award to Captain Chad Spruill of Rocky Mount Fire Department, Bunn Fire Department, and Centerville Volunteer Fire Department, from Centerville, NC. The award is given by the students to the instructor who is deemed most influential, motivating and approachable throughout the training.
NCC fire classes are often delivered directly to firefighters through training sessions held in local departments and at training sites throughout the community.