COVID-19 Campus Exposure Reporting Requirements
NCC has established procedures for contact tracing and case management of any reports of positive COVID-19 individuals, COVID-19 exposures, or COVID-like symptoms. Contact tracing and your timely cooperation is required and vital to mitigating the threat of COVID-19 on NCC’s campus and offsite locations.
All students and employees that have had close contact (being less than 6 feet from another person for a cumulative time of 15 minutes or more, regardless of wearing masks) with a positive COVID-19 individual OR has tested positive for COVID-19 must immediately notify NCC COVID Emergency Response via email at: COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu
What should you do if you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, or are experiencing COVID-like symptoms?
- Do not come to campus! Immediately notify all of your instructor(s) and/or supervisor(s) of your situation so they can understand why you are absent. Unless you have already received a positive COVID-19 test result, do not schedule a test any sooner than five (5) days after your onset of COVID-like symptoms or known exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Your instructor(s) and/or supervisor(s) will then send a notification via email to COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu, containing as much information as possible that is known about the situation. At a minimum, this email should include the student or employee’s name, college ID number and/or college email address, the best method of contact for the student or employee (including personal email if known), and whether the situation involves a positive COVID19 test result, an exposure, and/or COVID-like symptoms. Any additional information provided will always be appreciated.
After submitting the initial notification email, your instructor(s) and/or supervisor(s) will send an email to the student or employee stating, “Your situation has been reported to NCC COVID Response. Please do not come to campus and wait for further instructions. You will receive an email from COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu to complete a COVID-19 checklist and provide any other pertinent information. ”
- Expect to receive an email from COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu at your NCC student (@st.nashcc.edu) email address, your employee (@nashcc.edu) email address, or other provided email within 48 hours of your notification to your instructor/supervisor. Be sure to check your spam folder! This email will contain instructions to complete a COVID-19 checklist.
- As soon as possible, complete the checklist, including any additional information you feel should be provided to assist with your case. Please do not wait on test results before completing this checklist – this process is time-sensitive, and you can always follow up with information you do not yet have. If you have been in close contact with anyone, please be as specific as possible, including names and how you were in close contact.
- Your completed checklist and any additional information provided will be evaluated. A copy of your student course schedule will be acquired to assist with identifying what notifications may be required and, if applicable, with developing a disinfection plan.
- Your situation may result in a generic notification being sent to your classmates/coworkers (your name will never be disclosed in a notification), the quarantine of additional individuals at higher risk of infection, your class(es) moving to a different room or being adjusted to an online learning format, and/or a building being shut down for thorough disinfecting. In any of these situations, it is important to remain in contact with your instructor(s) and your point of contact from the COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu email.
- The COVIDResponse@nashcc.edu point of contact will provide you and your instructor(s)/supervisor(s) with a plan of action for your safe return to campus. This communication will help your instructor(s) come up with a plan to work with you while you are absent, if options are possible and available. Be sure to continue working on any of your assignments while you are away if you are feeling well enough, to keep up with your classes and make it easier for you to catch up when you return.
- Depending on your situation, you may be able to return to campus sooner than expected, or you may have to quarantine for a longer amount of time than anticipated. You will not be able to return to campus without being cleared by the NCC COVID-19 Emergency Response point of contact.
**COVID-19 protocol at Nash Community College is subject to change.**